Guest Blog post by Jeanna Gabellini
When it comes to money, people get serious very quickly. And making a profit through your business can make you want to pull your hair out!
You start a business because it’s a way to make money, have more freedom and share your genius with the world. But owning a business is not a guarantee to make the big bucks, because emotional triggers can get in the way … BIG time.
What if profit creation could be turned into a fun game?
Even if you don’t like board games, card games, video games or charades, there is always an abundance of games to choose from that could be fun, and lead to a massive increase in your bottom line.
There was a time when my profits plummeted because I was going through a rough relationship break up. I was flat broke and decided to play a game to annihilate my debt. Nothing else had worked and I was ready to change my attitude. I made a spreadsheet of my debt and monthly expenses.
Next, I focused on paying more than the minimum on each bill. There were some other rules I made to keep the structure exciting, based on my personality.
The game worked. I stuck with it because it felt empowering and fun! Yes, fun! And nine months later I was debt free. The game produced real world results while transforming my emotional relationship with debt.
I also created games for myself to increase my savings accounts. Again, I designed the game to win, knowing what works with my values and behavior style. I used advice from a long time friend and financial advisor to know how much and where to invest my money. I satisfied my emotional and mental well-being. And I pumped up my savings at the fastest rate I’d ever experienced because the game held my focus.
Games that improve your wealth setpoint cause you to be committed in a way that inspires, rather than putting constraints and structures on yourself, that begin to feel like punishment.
One game does not fit all. Your game must be designed to fully support your desired end results, values and behavior style, and be able to keep your money gremlins afar.
Here’s how you start:
1. Paint the picture of what it looks like when you win.
2. Choose a start and end date to the game.
3. Create rules that inspire you to stick with it.
4. Choose an accountability partner if that will give you strength.
5. Structure the game in a way that you’ll be able to see every tiny bit of progress.
6. Be willing to stick with the game for the sake of something grander in your life.
Here are some topics that impact your wealth, that you can use to create a game and see an increase in income, joy and freedom.
1. Pay off debt.
2. Increase monthly or yearly profits.
3. Increase profits for a specific product or service.
4. Work less, while maintaining your profits or even increasing them.
5. Increase your number of ideal clients and customers.
6. Raise your prices (I used a game to successfully more than double my coaching fees in one month!).
7. Increase productivity with your team.
Remember, if the game isn’t fun, you need to create new rules or a new game. Make sure your desired outcome is juicy and inspired or no game will yield results.
In this kind of game there are no losers. This is a journey of personal transformation where you make steady progress and win by making shifts in your inner and outer game.
Jeanna Gabellini is a Master Business Coach who assists conscious entrepreneurs and their teams to double (and even triple) their profits by leveraging intention, systems and fun. Her newest book ‘10 Minute Makers: How to Easily Double Your Profits in 10 Minutes a Day’ is FREE this week HERE.